Jobs at CCCT
Contra Costa Civic Theatre (CCCT), established in 1959 by Louis and Bettianne Flynn and a group of dedicated volunteers, and now under the artistic direction of Marilyn Langbehn, is a non-profit community theatre with its permanent home in El Cerrito, CA. Our mission is to provide affordable, high quality entertainment to residents throughout the East Bay and provide training in performing arts for children and adults. We are proud to be an independent, self-sufficient organization presenting five Main Stage and thirteen youth productions annually in our intimate two hundred seat theatre.
Responsible for recruiting, motivating, communicating, incentivizing, and recognizing volunteers in order to maintain a happy, engaged, motivated, and productive volunteer base. As a non-profit community theatre, we are seeking a strategic and creative thinker to help us leverage volunteer resources to expand, support and enhance every aspect of our programming.
Patron Services Manager
- Develop and implement volunteer recruitment strategies to increase the number of skill-based volunteers that support CCCT. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to: special events, set building parties, front-of-house duties (ushering, concessions), administrative support, and facilities maintenance.
- Direct and manage tracking and recognition processes for volunteer interest, participation in activities, and appropriate follow-up procedures
- Attend and represent CCCT at community outreach events, fairs and trainings for volunteer recruitment
- Develop and plan annual special event for volunteer service and recognition
- Monitor the status of ongoing volunteer projects to ensure adherence to safety standards and best practices
- Build partnerships with community groups, corporations and organizations to reach out to potential volunteers and donors from different segments of the population
- Coordinate with existing marketing efforts to help develop marketing materials and copy for all recruitment efforts and volunteer program, to include: e-blasts, social media posts, webpages, flyers, volunteer listings, signage, etc.
- Respond to volunteer and donor inquiries; participate in screening of applicants through review of volunteer applications and conducting initial interviews
- Maintain accurate volunteer recruitment files, activity reports, and database records; process and analyze volunteer database reports
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or the equivalent in education and experience
- At least two years’ experience in volunteer management (especially volunteer recruitment), community outreach and organizing, social work, program development, or related field in the public and/or nonprofit sector
- Ability to work with volunteers of all ages
- Must have access to an automobile for local travel; valid driver's license and automobile insurance required
- As with all CCCT employees, the candidate must meet the background-screening requirements of the organization
Part-time, salary commensurate with experience. Evenings and weekends are occasionally required as related to events and presentations.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Required subject line: Volunteer Coordinator
No phone calls please.
Contra Costa Civic Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
submissions to direct at CCCT
Conta Costa Civic Theatre is now considering directing candidates and projects for its 2016-17 season.
Written applications should be emailed to Artistic Director Marilyn Langbehn at firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include the following information:
- A brief cover letter introducing yourself
- Your resume
- A PDF of the script or libretto you are interested in directing
- Your vision for the production; rough ideas are fine, just something to give us a sense of your "take" on the show
- Any unusual casting requirements
- Any unusual technical requirements
Submission deadline for written applications is September 1, 2015 .
Succesful applicants will be invited to meet with CCCT's Artistic Advisory Committe to present their proposals. All candidates will be notified by Feb 1, 2016 whether his/her project has been selected for inclusion in CCCT's 2015-16 season.